Deadline: December 26th at 8pm IST
About the Bounty
A good community is extremely valuable to any project/service in the web3 world. Communities are incentivised to contribute, be evangelists for your project, drive distribution and create massive value in exchange for a stake in the upside.
The question is: how do you financially value a community? There are clear frameworks for valuing a company through discounted cash flows and other means. But no frameworks exist for evaluating the communities which will form the bedrock of Web3.
What are the key metrics to examine? Are there models to be found in the way countries calculate GDP? Are there other historical models that can be applied? Or is an entirely new framework required to make sense of these new communities?
🥇 First Prize:
- $500 USD
- Membership in Superteam
- Syndication in our newsletter and social media
- Did you consider all the aspects of a Web3 community?
- Did you identify the key processes, activities, and events that are integral to a community?
- Did you take into account the various forms of output a community can generate? Distribution, funding etc?
- Did you provide a framework that can accommodate various communities in the Web3 space?
- Is your essay the one-stop-resource for people to understand how to value a community?
- Did you provide appropriate examples & references?
- Writing Style
- Did you write a compelling introduction and a satisfying conclusion?
- Is your writing easy and fun to read?
- Did you avoid overly complex jargon?
- Did you explain concepts in a way a person new to crypto could understand?
Check out previous bounty winners to get a sense of the quality we expect.
- Rafa's tweet on metrics for communities
- Shreyas on other community metrics
- For any questions, DM @abbasshaikh42 on Twitter or @abbas in our Discord
We help the most promising projects in the Solana ecosystem launch and grow. We are organised as a co-operative of creatives and operators who are experienced in launching and growing technology businesses. Our mission is to bring the benefits of the ownership economy to the creative class (rent your time for tokens, not dollars) while creating flexible and remote work opportunities for all members.