Deadline: May 22nd 11:00pm IST
About the Bounty
Filecoin, the world’s largest decentralized storage network offers more than 16+ Exabytes of storage. It allows users to store, request, and transfer data via a verifiable marketplace. Filecoin is completely open-source, enabling people from all over the world to participate.
Filecoin is built on IPFS which is a peer-to-peer network and protocol designed to make the web faster, safer, and more open. IPFS upgrades the web to work peer to peer, addressing data by what it is instead of where it’s located on the network, or who is hosting it.
There are several projects supported by Protocol Labs which developers choose to integrate in the different projects they build.
Additionally, there are several tools that builders can use to build on top of Filecoin & IPFS or integrate them in their Dapps.
With this research, we are trying to understand:
- Which projects from our stack could be the most useful for Solana builders?
- Do they know about any of these projects?
- If yes, which are these? What all do they know about them?
- Are there any challenges in using them?
- What are the best possible use-cases for Filecoin for Solana developers?
- We have seen developers from different smart contract chains build applications across different spaces: Metaverse, DeFi, Gaming, etc. Winning projects from our hackathons here!
Your Mission: Generate creative ideas & challenges to integrate Filecoin in the Solana ecosystem and summarize your findings in a written document. Bonus points for also identifying Dev-tooling / RFP ideas! You're welcome to write this review individually or in teams of 2. Bounties will be split among team members.
🥇 First Prize:
- $1300 USD of FIL
- Membership in the SuperteamDAO
- Syndication in our newsletter and social media
🥈 Second Prize
- $700 FIL
🥉 Third Prize (x2)
- Filecoin Swag kit (For 2 contributors)
- Did you explore the background of the project?
- Does your research write-up answer the key questions posted in the bounty?
- Is your research write-up the one-stop-resource for people to get up to speed with this project?
- Did you explore the tech stack supported by Protocol Labs and the projects that are part of it?
- Did you explore all the tools that can be used to integrate Filecoin & IPFS in dapps?
- Did you talk to developers to answer the questions?
- Does your write-up include experience shared by developers from the Solana community?
- Did you join the project’s Discord and get a feel for the community?
- Do your recommendations have technical depth?
- Writing Style
- Did you write a compelling introduction and a satisfying conclusion?
- Did you explain your points and back them up with examples?
- Submission Requirements
- Did you write your essay in English?
- Did you submit before the deadline? Note: there will be no deadline extensions.
- Did you include links to your sources and references?
Check out previous bounty winners to get a sense of the quality we expect.
- ⭐ Superteam’s guidelines on how to write a great deep dive essay
- Filecoin & IPFS Resources for Builders: Website | Twitter | Discord | Office hours
- How to mint NFTs on Solana with Metaplex
- Filecoin & IPFS Ecosystem Projects: https://ecosystem.filecoin.io/ & https://ecosystem.ipfs.io/
- For any questions, DM @Abbasshaikh42 on Twitter or @abbas in our Discord
Participation in this bounty is entirely voluntary. Bounties are a way to learn and dabble in opportunities to build in web3. These are neither full time jobs nor project based engagement. Please be advised that the sponsors will not have time for individualized feedback due to the number of entries we receive.
About the SuperteamDAO
We help the most promising projects in the Solana ecosystem launch and grow. We are organised as a co-operative of creatives and operators who are experienced in launching and growing technology businesses. Our mission is to bring the benefits of the ownership economy to the creative class (rent your time for tokens, not dollars) while creating flexible work within the structure of a DAO.