Deadline: December 20th, 11:59pm IST
About the Bounty
Several new Layer1 blockchains have emerged in recent years. Each attempt to fulfil different gaps in the market, address different needs and attack the blockchain trilemma from very different angles of speed, scalability & fees. These L1s quickly grew in popularity and gained a lot of attention at the top of the bull run.
Where do they stand today?
This bounty requires a detailed research report on the comparative performance of various L1s in terms of the following metrics. Each metric has a few guiding questions, but they are just illustrative in nature, so please do not limit the research just to answering those.
- Dev growth: How have their developer ecosystems grown? How easy is it for new developers to get started shipping? What global community efforts have they undertaken, are they effective? What is the best estimate of the current number of active developers and their growth over time? (explain your methodology with links to public sources and state assumptions)
- Project adoption & growth: Are projects actually being built on it? How many? Please qualify the stage of development and usage metrics (announcements are great but they are not projects). The classification/hierarchy should be along the lines of
- products on main-net with actual users that anyone can use
- products on main-net in closed beta
- products on test/dev net
- Geographic growth: Which geographies have they focussed their efforts on, and which ones have they missed out on? What is their geographical stronghold? What is their launch strategy for these new markets?
- Unique use cases: Is the L1 focussed on any particular kinds of use cases? What use cases are they ideally best suited for? Are they leveraging some of these strengths properly? Is there some technical innovation/differentiation/trade-off that
- Wins/fails in the last 1 year: How would you analyse their performance overall in the last 1 year? What are the hits and misses?
- List of suggestions for each: What would be your top recommendations to them across each of the aspects researched?
Please include public estimates of actual user counts from sources like dApp Radar or equivalent. Be mindful of separating vanilla signing/voting messages from actual user actions.
🥇 First Prize:
- $1500 USDC
- Syndication in our newsletter and social media
- Winners get an opportunity to contribute to an extended report ($3000 opportunity)
- You’ll be added as a Member in Superteam
🥈 Second Prize
- $300 USDC
- You’ll be added as a Contributor in Superteam
🥉 Third Prize
- $200 USDC
- You’ll be added as a Contributor in Superteam
- Did you explore the background of the topic?
- Does your essay talk about the key features of the domain/industry?
- Is your essay the one-stop resource for people to get up to speed with this topic?
- Did you learn everything there is to know about the topic?
- Writing Style
- Did you write a compelling introduction and a satisfying conclusion?
- Is your writing easy and fun to read?
- Did you avoid overly complex jargon?
- Did you explain concepts in a way a person new to crypto could understand?
- Submission Requirements
- Did you write your essay in English?
- Is your submission at least 1,500 words? Note that typical bounty winners are ~2,000 words.
- Did you submit it before the deadline? Note: there will be no deadline extensions.
- Did you include links to your sources under the title “References”? If you have used external sources and no references are included, your bounty could be rejected on grounds of plagiarism.
- Kindly test your submission for plagiarism. If the submission contains more than 5% plagiarised content, your submission will be rejected. Regular offenders can also be disqualified from participating in the bounty program going forward.
- Share your submission on Twitter & tag @superteamdao and use the hashtag #Superteambounty and submit this link in your bounty application.
- ⭐ Superteam’s guidelines on how to write a great deep dive essay
- Bounty Program FAQ
- For any questions, DM @Abbasshaikh42 on Twitter or @abbas in our Discord
Participation in this bounty is entirely voluntary. Bounties are a way to learn and dabble in opportunities to build in web3. These are neither full time jobs nor project based engagement. Please be advised that the sponsors will not have time for individualized feedback due to the number of entries we receive. Please check out
We help the most promising projects in the Solana ecosystem launch and grow. We are organised as a co-operative of creatives and operators who are experienced in launching and growing technology businesses. Our mission is to bring the benefits of the ownership economy to the creative class (rent your time for tokens, not dollars) while creating flexible and remote work opportunities for all members.