Deadline: May 31st 11:00pm IST
About the Bounty
To be truly sovereign in the Information age as a creator means to have complete ownership over your content, its distribution and its monetization. Web3 allows us to move from the creator economy of web2 and power it up to the incoming Ownership Economy of web3. A world in which Content Creators can make content with complete sovereignty and own every single piece of the distribution and monetisation without having to pay the platform or any other corporation.
The goal of this bounty is to explore how far we have gotten in enabling a world which runs on the Ownership Economy. It is a deep dive into the current landscape of all the projects in web3 that are solving for decentralisation of content creation and distribution whether it is in written, audio, or video format as well as providing the tools for it.
This bounty is sponsored by Wordcel, a Decentralised Publishing Stack on Solana that aims to provide content creators as well as projects the freedom to create and own their long-form written content and distribution amongst their readers.
🥇 First Prize:
- $1000 USDC
- Invite to Wordcel Beta
- Syndication in our newsletter and social media
- Membership in Superteam
🥈 Second Prize
- $300 USDC
🥉 Third Prize
- $200 USDC
- Did you learn everything there is to learn about the projects currently building decentralised social graphs and content creation tools?
- Were you comprehensive in your research?
- Did you convey the need for decentralised creation and ownership of content?
- Did you deeply explain the projects you chose to understand and how they worked?
- Did you understand the problems that still exist (if any) with the projects in the ecosystem?
- Did you explain how Wordcel could have the potential to enter the market and help the mission of giving sovereignty to creators?
- Writing Style
- Did you write a compelling introduction and a satisfying conclusion?
- Is your writing easy and fun to read?
- Did you avoid overly complex jargon?
- Did you explain concepts in a way a person new to crypto could understand?
- Submission Requirements
- Did you write your essay in English?
- Are your submission at least 1,000 words? Note that typical bounty winners are ~2,000 words.
- Did you submit it before the deadline? Note: there will be no deadline extensions.
- Did you include links to your sources and references?
Check out previous bounty winners to get a sense of the quality we expect.
- Breakpoint 2021 Talk by Balaji Srinivasan
- What is Wordcel?
- Variant Fund - The Ownership Economy: Crypto & The Next Frontier of Consumer Software
- Variant Fund - The Ownership Economy 2022
- Naval on why Decentralisation matters
- Chris Dixon - Why Decentralisation matters
- Problems with social media and their recommendation algorithms
- ⭐ Superteam’s guidelines on how to write a great deep dive essay
- For any questions, DM @Abbasshaikh42 on Twitter or @abbas in our Discord
Participation in this bounty is entirely voluntary. Bounties are a way to learn and dabble in opportunities to build in web3. These are neither full time jobs nor project based engagement. Please be advised that the sponsors will not have time for individualized feedback due to the number of entries we receive.