💸 Request support for your hackathons!
Superteam now supports Solana Foundation Community Grants and recommends applicants with good proof of work in organizing hackathons for cash and/or kind sponsorships. These are grants for teams conducting university and community hackathons in India. Anyone with an idea or proof of work is welcome to apply and receive a funding decision for a $100 - $10,000 grant. The Foundation hands out these grants typically once a month.
🤝 How we partner and support hackathons
- Merch: T-shirts, stickers, and bags for participants or winners of the hackathon, depending on the scale.
- Workshop: Team from Superteam and Solana Foundation working on University Relations will visit in person and take a workshop on getting started in Solana.
- Pizza: If we give a workshop, we will give all attendees free Pizza from the Superteam Pizza Fund!
- Cash sponsorship: Direct USDC cash payment in exchange for a Gold-tier sponsor slot in the hackathon.
- Judging: Top developers from Superteam can attend in person and help with the judging of crypto projects across chains.
- Track Prizes: Multiple awards of up to $500 for top projects (across expertise levels) being built on Solana. Check out .Build on Solana @Hackathons
⚙️ How It Works:
- Submit the application form (5 minutes).
- Solana Foundation will usually reply within ~48 hours.
- If approved, you'll receive an email notification for onboarding and further steps.
- The amount will be sent (in USDC on any chain) or any other preferred mode of payment soon after.
- As you complete the amount, submit a post-event review for archiving, feedback, and review.
- Be Concise: Being clear and concise is always helpful.
- Build what the ecosystem needs: Besides our Grant Proposals, we often see people on Twitter (and elsewhere) saying things like "Solana needs X" or "Solana would be better if it had Y.” Use this information!
- Open Source: Being clear and concise is always helpful. What makes decentralized applications so powerful is that it’s built on the premise of being open and composable. Therefore, this grant support teams that intend to open source soon after deploying on Solana’s Mainnet Beta.
🏆 Previous hackathons supported
Version Beta 5.0 | Devfolio
Applications close in 1d:8h:30m Apply now Version Beta is the annual technical conclave of ISTE SC MANIT. It is the conjugation of some of the nation's greatest technological minds, with an ideal platform for technology enthusiasts to demonstrate their talents and gain knowledge.
A 36 hour national-level Hackathon organized by Ramaiah Institute of Technology, for students and industry professionals. Cash prizes of ₹4.5 lakh !
BU Hack | Devfolio
Overview Prizes Speakers & Judges Schedule Projects Overview Prizes Speakers & Judges Schedule Projects Runs from Oct 17 - 19, 2022 Applications closed Hackathon has ended See projects A 48- hour long, tech fuelled, high-skill hackathon is coming to you if you're willing to take up the challenge.
❓Frequently asked questions
This program is currently in beta and only open for Universities and Communities in India.
Grant requests are typically approved in 48 hours or less.
We prefer to support teams that have some prior experience in organizing events (regardless of how small) and events that are primarily focused on developers.
- Proof of Work > Credentials. Anyone is welcome to apply for Instagrants, given they have enough Proof of Work to make the review committee believe the work will get done.
- Speed > Perfection. We want to give grants rapidly. Not perfectly. We trust people to get work done.
- Believers > Consensus. As long as a minimum quorum of the reviewing committee believes it's a good use of funds, we will fund it.
Unfortunately, our sponsors do not have the bandwidth to provide individualized feedback at this time.