🧑🚀 Identify Potential Markets for Solana Pay
🎯 Mission Objectives
Solana Pay is an open-source protocol that sets the standard for payments on the Solana blockchain. It was launched in February 2022 and has seen 100+ ecosystem projects being built on it. Payments is a multi-trillion dollar industry and a long-term focus of the Solana ecosystem.
The goal of this mission is to explore opportunities for Solana Pay in markets outside of the US and EU. Based on countries with the highest crypto adoption and best developer communities, find the top payments gateway companies, FinTech companies, crypto/web3 companies, and ecosystem projects. Explore how Solana's ecosystem should engage with these different parties. Using empirical and secondary research, compile market overviews on how local payment networks function.
This mission is integral to how the Solana Pay team will approach new market expansion. The team has engaged with local projects in India, Vietnam, and West Africa, but we don’t have enough capacity to explore all new markets comprehensively. The ideal submission will help us discover new opportunities in previously overlooked markets where this is a strong consumer and merchant value proposition using Solana Pay.
Note that the successful submission need not cover all geographies. Aim for depth over breath.
🛠️ Scope of Work:
- Provide recommendations on actions Solana Labs can take to partner with local players, onboard developers, and increase users for Solana Pay.
- Provide thoughts on how ecosystem projects should build on the Solana Mobile Stack.
😍 Ideal Talent Profile:
- The ideal talent should have an academic, research, consulting, or banking background with previous exposure to payments or FinTech.
- There is no limit to the size of the team, although we would like to see teams <3 people.
🚀 Mission Screening Questions:
To apply for this Mission, you’ll first need to put together a lightweight plan. This plan should answer the following strategic questions:
- What regions do you see the most opportunities and why?
- How do you plan to form your own opinions on the projects while taking cultural and geographical nuances into consideration?
- Do you have any relevant experience with FinTech or payments?
- What, if anything, will you need from the sponsor team (besides funding)?
- What are your best examples of proof of work?
Discuss these questions with your team and put the answers into a Google doc to include in your application. Please make sure your visibility settings are set to “Anyone with the link” or your application will not be reviewed.
⚙️ Mission Logistics:
- Create a Google doc or Notion page with your answers to the questions above.
- Apply for the Mission using the link above.
- Note that we are unable to provide individualised feedback on rejected applications at this time. Please keep that in mind before you apply.
- If you’re approved for the Mission, you will receive 25% of the funding up front, 25% halfway through the project, and the rest upon completion.
- Pointer.gg - tutorial on Solana Pay
- Buildspace tutorial on Solana Pay
- Riptide Hackathon Workshop: Solana Pay