🎯 Mission Objectives
Seahorse lets you write Solana programs in Python. It is a community-led project built on Anchor. Developers gain Python's ease-of-use, while still having the same safety guarantees of every Rust program on the Solana chain. Low-level memory problems are handled by default, letting you worry about the important stuff.
Solana Foundation is looking for 3 devs to write Seahorse program examples and learning guides. Specifically, recreating the following, but for Seahorse Lang:
- Cash-settled European options protocol (reference)
- Escrow program (reference)
- Voting example (reference)
Three people shall be selected to write a guide for each program. And shall be paid $500 for the deliverable.
🛠️ Scope of Work
- Go through and understand existing Anchor reference guides,
- Create similar program but in Python for Seahorse,
- Create a tutorial / learning guide which people can follow to learn more about Seahorse.
🚀 Mission Screening Questions:
To apply for this Mission, you’ll first need to put together a lightweight plan. This plan should answer the following strategic questions:
- Are you a full-time developer? (Y/N)
- How proficient are you at write code in python? (1-10) And describe the most complex code you’ve written in python?
- How proficient are you at Solana development? (1-10)
- What is the single biggest technical challenge you have solved? (1-2 lines)
- Which of the three tutorials would you want to write?
Put the answers into a Google doc (you can make a copy of this document) and include in your application. Please make sure your visibility settings are set to “Anyone with the link” or your application will not be reviewed.
⚙️ Mission Logistics:
- Create a Google doc (can fork this document) with your answers to the questions above.
- Apply for the Mission using the link above.
- Note that we are unable to provide individualised feedback on rejected applications at this time. Please keep that in mind before you apply.